Wednesday

A one-man band seeking truth about ... Cylindricals

by Dick Cabeza, on special assignment for the PEI Enquirer

Charlottetown, PEI -- John Wayne Terry didn’t feel like he was looking for the Cylindricals, as much as they were looking for him.

“Let me tell you, I’m not the kind of guy that goes nosing around looking for trouble,” he said, in a hushed tone, as if trying not to be overheard. “Gosh, no, I’m just a simple man from Cape Breton. But it seemed like every time I turned around that week, there was a Cylindrical in my face.”

That week turned out to be the week of July 14, 2007, when John and his wife Imelda set off to explore neighboring Prince Edward Island. Terry recalls his first encounter with the Cylindricals, mysterious cylindrical shaped objects that suddenly appear in groups throughout large, grassy areas. “I had driven by this beautiful grassy field on my way to Blooming Point on that Saturday morning. I remember remarking to Imelda that I had heartburn and wondered if chewing that tall grass might help it. It was joke, of course. But the next day, I was not in a joking mood.”

That is because on his morning walk the next day, he strode past the same grassy field. Only this time, things were different. “They were everywhere, and they were huge,” he said, spreading his arms wide. “One minute, there is a grassy field, and then – poof – Cylindricals everywhere.”

Recalling tales of similar phenomenon documented on radio programs such as Art Bell’s AM Coast to Coast – on which Terry is now a popular featured guest – he quickly realized he was on to something. But what?

Little is known about Cylindricals -- the name Terry has given them, in an attempt to describe their odd shapes -- and scientists around the world are curiously silent about them, a fact that concerns Terry. "You know, I'm not a big conspiracy guy or anything, but these things are all over the place. I just don't understand why scientists are ignoring the signs. It's almost like ... " Terry weighs his words carefully, "... almost like they are afraid to step forward and speak the truth."

Terry says these are the indisputable facts about Cylindricals, as he knows them:
  • Cylindricals appear in open grassy fields
  • The sudden appearance of Cylindricals is often preceded by reports of mechanized noises and bright lights that can be seen by night
  • People on neighboring properties never agree to be interviewed
  • After several days, the Cylindricals then vanish altogether
Terry is no stranger to exploring phenomena that are totally overlooked and disregarded by the entire scientific community. Teaming with fellow enthusiast Paul Chambers, whose groundbreaking work on the phenomenon of snow angels catapulted him to regular caller status on AM Coast to Coast, Terry most recently brought to light unusual and unexplained rock formations that began appearing on certain Canadian beaches. Again, the scientists rebuffed his research and discredited his data.

"These structures were remarkable, spontaneously arising in the clay sands on a number of beaches in the Maritimes," he said, showing one of several photographs recording the phenomenon. "And, yet, no other researchers would dare to take a stand on them. Paul and I were hitting brick walls everywhere we turned. It was as if we were uncovering a secret never meant to be revealed."


The next step for Terry is to make the world aware of the Cylindrical phenomenon -- before it's too late. "I think we are all in grave danger if we don't understand what is happening here," he says. "We can't ignore the signs all around us, whether it be crop circles, alien abductions, the steady formation of a one-world government, or even sightings of Bigfoot, Yeti, Nessie, or other cryptids. To quote an old rock song, 'There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.' We need to understand. Our civilization may very well be hanging in the balance."

John Wayne Terry knows there are haunting truths that the world may not be ready to hear. He vows to continue his research into the Cylindrical phenomenon. "The paranormal need not be feared. There are beings trying desperately to communicate with us through these events. I can see them. I can hear them. And I will not rest until these voices in my head can be heard by the entire world. It's the least I can do for the survival of humanity."

* * * * *











Snow Angels

© Paul Chambers, reprinted with permission from the Art Bell Unexplained Phenomena archive, Roswell, New Mexico



3 comments:

Hale McKay said...

STRINGMAN!!!???

You're back!!!

I hope things are going well and all is good durung and after your long sabbatical.

That's a very interesting piece you posted.

Welcome back.

Carlos said...

Huh? You're back? Fer reals? I was going through some old stuff and found your URL. I clicked on the link expecting to see your sign off and....here you are.

You gonna blog fer a while?

StringMan said...

Hi Carlos and Hale ... no, I'm just back with this one parody, and put it on blogger so that my friends in Canada could easily see it. I did a little housekeeping while I was in there. I don't rule out more blog posts in the future, but I have no plans at the moment. Good to hear from you, though! Glad to see you are both still at it.